Welcome to the
"The mission of the Purchasing Department shall be to maximize the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of District funds in purchases, to provide excellent customer service, and to protect the District through standardized policies and procedures."
In summary, the objectives of the purchasing department are to:
- Provide for effective, efficient and economical purchases Districtwide
- Procure goods and services at the lowest possible cost (best value) to the District
- Establish a continuity of supply sources
- Establish key strategic partnerships which will maximize the Districts buying power-locally and nationally.
- Maintain high quality standards
- Avoid duplication of work
- Achieve harmonious, productive work relationships with other departments and suppliers
- Accomplish these above objectives at the lowest possible costs to the District.
- As per Board Policy DJGA, vendors are NOT allowed to enter schools or place sales calls to schools without prior written permission from the Director of Purchasing.
- As per Board Policy DJ, schools and departments must issue an authorized form of payment before ordering goods or services. An authorized form of payment is: Purchase Order, Contract Release Request (when applicable), DPS Visa card, Petty cash check or school check, or Independent Contractor Agreement (when applicable).
- There is no "approved vendor list". Vendors do not fill out a vendor application to become an "approved vendor".
- The complete adopted textbook lists can be found on the Curriculum and Instruction web site, click on Textbook Ordering. The procedure to order Adopted and Non-Adopted Textbooks is also available on the Curriculum and Instruction web site.