Welcome to the Strategic Sourcing (Purchasing) Department of the Denver Public Schools. We are pleased you are interested in providing products and services to School District Number 1 in the City and County of Denver, Colorado.
The DPS Purchasing function is centralized to serve your procurement needs in an efficient and timely manner, provide process that brings the District the best purchase value and help ensure our purchases are in compliance with applicable laws and District policy.
Effective July 1, 2013, all new business conducted with DPS required Suppliers/Vendors to be registered on the DPS Supplier Portal. Click on the guide below to get instructions on registration, then proceed to the portal site to actually register.
Strategic Sourcing’s Mission
“The mission of the Strategic Sourcing Department shall be to maximize the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of District funds in purchases, to provide excellent customer service, and to protect the District through standardized policies and procedures.”
In summary, the objectives of the strategic sourcing department are to:
- Provide for effective, efficient and economical purchases Districtwide
- Procure goods and services at the lowest possible cost (best value) to the District
- Establish a continuity of supply sources
- Establish key strategic partnerships which will maximize the Districts buying power-locally and nationally.
- Maintain high quality standards
- Avoid duplication of work
- Achieve harmonious, productive work relationships with other departments and suppliers
- Accomplish these above objectives at the lowest possible costs to the District.
- As per Board Policy DJGA, vendors are NOT allowed to enter schools or place sales calls to schools without prior written permission from the Director of Strategic Sourcing.
- As per Board Policy DJ, schools and departments must issue an authorized form of payment before ordering goods or services. An authorized form of payment is: Purchase Order, DPS Visa card, or Independent Contractor Agreement (when applicable).
- There is no “approved vendor list”. Vendors do not fill out a vendor application to become an “approved vendor”.
- Schools/Departments interested in using a particular supplier should insure that the supplier is registered in the DPS Supplier Portal. Once registered, contact the Payment Services Department <email@example.com> to have a vendor number assigned which completes the process.
- The complete adopted textbook lists can be found on the Curriculum and Instruction web site, click on Textbook Ordering. The procedure to order Adopted and Non-Adopted Textbooks is also available on the Curriculum and Instruction web site.
NEW PURCHASES ($25k and over) for Bids and RFPs (Request for Proposals) Log In
The Strategic Sourcing Department is open from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Offices are closed for major national holidays and other board of Education approved holidays.